Social Discovery Insights is constantly on the lookout for new players, disruptive business models, and innovative technologies, in the social discovery market.
- Shelf: Self-described as the love child of Spotify Wrapped, GoodReads and Letterboxd, this advanced multimedia tracker allows users to share all of their current favourites in one place. The song you have on repeat, the last film you loved, the book you’re currently enjoying; the app makes sharing your digital identity simpler and allows users to customise what’s on the virtual shelf you share with others.
- Landing: Similar to Pinterest and Polyvore, this social design platform allows users to create and publish image collages. Creation is the app’s highly popular tool to create these from scratch, add shoppable links, and get creative with finding, uploading and editing pictures. It’s popular with Gen Z who use it to create aesthetically pleasing visual diaries, vision boards, plan outfits, make social graphics, and more.
- Buddee: This London-based app’s mission is to make people happier through meaningful friendships formed over shared hobbies. Users can swipe, match and chat with others based on location and shared hobbies, to connect with a hobby buddy on this newly launched app.
In Case You Missed It! Here’s last week’s Startup Roundup:
- OneRoof: Apartment living can be lonely, but this hyper-local networking app allows users to connect with their neighbors over shared interests and recommendations, to create a sense of community and make friends. It’s currently available in 8 major cities in the U.S, with the largest user base in New York City.
- Diem: This social search engine uses an AI model trained through a community-centric and feminine lens, allowing women to easily find crowdsourced knowledge to personal questions. It aims to close the gender information gap online and remove the male-skewed bias of other search engines for an inclusive search experience.
- Bunch: On this gaming and social discovery app, users connect through group video chat, multiplayer games and hanging out virtually. You can customize your avatar and virtual home, use the chat feature to connect with friends, and meet new ones while exploring spaces like Bunch Town.