Social Discovery Insights is constantly on the lookout for new players, disruptive business models, and innovative technologies, in the social discovery market.
- OneRoof: Apartment living can be lonely, but this hyper-local networking app allows users to connect with their neighbors over shared interests and recommendations, to create a sense of community and make friends. It’s currently available in 8 major cities in the U.S, with the largest user base in New York City.
- Diem: This social search engine uses an AI model trained through a community-centric and feminine lens, allowing women to easily find crowdsourced knowledge to personal questions. It aims to close the gender information gap online and remove the male-skewed bias of other search engines for an inclusive search experience.
- Bunch: On this gaming and social discovery app, users connect through group video chat, multiplayer games and hanging out virtually. You can customize your avatar and virtual home, use the chat feature to connect with friends, and meet new ones while exploring spaces like Bunch Town.
In Case You Missed It! Here’s last week’s Startup Roundup:
- Radiate v2: This newly updated social and events discovery platform helps users connect with others around local events, venues, music festival communities, and more. It now includes advanced mapping, AI for event discovery, and social tools allowing users to explore their local nightlife scene. The social vouch system prioritizes user safety.
- Slowly: For those who miss the personal touch of a handwritten letter, this app connects users around the world to find a pen pal they share interests with. Pen pals can then send each other letters to form meaningful connections at a slower pace.
- Tandem: This language exchange app allows users to improve their language skills and connect with others globally, so they can make new friends while helping each other master a new and useful skill in the process.