Social Discovery Insights is constantly on the lookout for new players, disruptive business models, and innovative technologies, in the social discovery market.
- Supernova – The social network for a positive world: Supernova donates from its advertising income to charities chosen by its users. It encourages positive posting that brings value to each other’s day. BAFTA winner Dominic O’Meara is the platform’s founder.
- Partiful – Highkey parties, Lowkey planning: Partiful helps party hosts by streamlining the process of planning and communicating with guests. It’s mission is “to help foster friendships through social events”, with thousands of events in New York City planned through Partiful each week.
- Elpha – Where women succeed at work together: Elpha is a professional network which helps women to succeed at work. Users have access to daily conversations with experts, insider opportunities, advice, support, and opportunities to make friends.
In Case You Missed It! Here’s last week’s Startup Roundup:
- Hunch – Weird questions & Honest answers: Ever felt like there’s something on your mind that you just can’t express out loud? Enter Hunch, the ultimate anonymous social media app that empowers users to share opinions on topics spanning from relatable events to the utterly trivial.
- FaithCircle – Engage with your faith community: Join & interact with likeminded believers in your community & around the world via the FaithCircle app.
- Untangle – Bereavement care and community: Untangle is a community platform that provides emotional and practical support to rebuild life after loss. Features include support groups, private chat helplines, and expert advice.